For over 90 years, Jaycees have been a force for good in America and around the world. Jaycees helped establish AirMail services in America with Jaycee Charles Lindbergh, and have raised millions of dollars for causes such as the Muscular Dystrophy Association and the March of Dimes. Your Home Town Lake Geneva Jaycee's have been hard at work for almost 51 years now!
The Lake Geneva Jaycees are a 501(c)(4) American tax-exempt, nonprofit corporation. We are a civic organization that raises money through various fund raising events and member contributions. The revenue we derive each year is given back to our community in the form of various donations. Along with several multi-year commitments, the Jaycees always welcome donation requests. Our tax ID number is 39-1230293.
The process by which donations are granted requires the following:
1. The applicant/s download and fill out a Donation Request Form (available here).
3. The Donation Request form will be reviewed in the order in which they are received, by the Board of Directors at the next available Board Meeting.
4. If a recommendation is made by the Board of Directors, the Request will forward to the next subsequent General Meeting of the Membership of the Lake Geneva Jaycees.
5. The applicant/s may be asked to come and present at this time, in front of the General Membership and to answer any questions.
6. The recommendation will be acted on by the General Membership based on the Board Recommendation.
7. If approved at the General Meeting, the applicant/s will be notified by phone and or email with the result and donation amount.
8. A check for the approved donation amount will be issued by the end of the next Board Meeting.
The process can take on average of 45 days or more. If you have a strict time line, please be sure and get your Donation Request in as soon as possible. The Board of Directors meets every 4th Wednesday of the month. The General Membership meets every 2nd Wednesday of the Month.
Lake Geneva Jaycee's Incorporated Tax Status
|Last Updated ( Tuesday, 31 January 2012 09:34 )|